November 6, 2010 (San Diego’s East County) – One of the first things we associate comfort with is warm, homemade food. Nothing feels better than making meals your family will love. This Thanksgiving season, cozy up with this new leftover turkey recipe that will show your friends and family just how much you care. This tasty turkey recipe is sure to become a new Thanksgiving favorite at your table--served open-face on warm, homemade bread and topped with sweet and simple Mango Chutney.
10 slices of Turkey (10-oz), finely sliced
1 loaf artisan Italian bread, thickly sliced
10 slices of Havarti cheese
3-oz Simple Mango Chutney
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spray the underside of each slice of bread with a small amount of baking spray and place slices of bread on a tray.
3. Lay a slice of cheese on each piece of bread. Place the turkey onto the cheese, top with a heaping spoonful of Simple Mango Chutney, then add another slice of cheese.
4. Broil until cheese is melted.
5. Serve hot. Top with chutney, as desired.