East County News Service
March 17, 2023 (Borrego Springs) -- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is beginning to have pockets of blooming wildflowers as well as cacti blooms. The Anza Borrego Foundation offers these tips for those planning to come view wildflowers:
- Check the weather forecast before heading to the Park. Make sure to dress in layers and pack plenty of water.
- Call the Wildflower Hotline at 760-767-4684 for weekly updates on the best viewing locations.
- Print the most recent wildflower map at home. You can click here to find printable wildflower maps.
- You can also get printed wildflower maps and viewing tips at the State Park store at 587 Palm Canyon Drive between 11 .am. and 3 p.m. Fridays through Sundays.
- Check road conditions, including the surrounding mountains for any road closures or chain requirements.
- Make sure to visit our State Park store, open daily 9 AM - 5 PM for any needed information or to purchase Park maps.
To protect the wildflowers and stay safe, visitors are asked to pull over to the side of the road and to never stop in the roadway, or on top of any vegetation. Leave no trace and take only photos and memories, leaving the wildflowers for others to enjoy. The flowers also provide nectar for butterflies and food for caterpillars that emerge.