BOTTLE BLAZE

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this

 

East County News Service

August 23, 2015 (Borrego Springs)--A fire in Borrego Springs over the weekend serves as a remind that in extreme heat, it’s wise not to leave reflective materials around your home.

The reflection of sunlight shining through a glass bottle ignited a couch and trash outside a home on Palm Canyon Drive shortly before noon on Saturday.

Fortunately, the Borrego Sun reports, firefighters quickly doused the blaze.


Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.