By Miriam Raftery
April 18, 2020 (Sacramento) -- With many businesses closed or having employees work at home, California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara has found that risks of losses are reduced. So on April 13, the Commissioner ordered insurance companies to issue refunds or credits within 120 days to policyholders adversely affected by COVID-19 including:
- Private passenger and commercial automobile insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Commercial liability insurance
- Commercial multiple peril insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Any other lines of coverage where risks have dropped due to the pandemic.