March 25, 2011 (Campo) – The Chefs de Cuisine Association of San Diego and The Pacific Southwest Railway Museum are both celebrating their fifty-year anniversaries in 2011. In recognition of their decades of service to their communities, a gala gourmet food and wine tasting event will be hosted at the historic Museum in Campo on Saturday, April 2 from 12-5 p.m.
The event will be staged in the Museum's Campo display building, where guests will dine amidst the Museum's historic railroad trains and artifacts. Live music will be provided by Trails and Rails and other local artists.
Wining and dining options include:
• The Seafood Station will include several cuisines, including Sushi, Seafood Pasta, Ceviche and much more.
• The Bar-B-Que Station will offer Grilled Gourmet Sausages, Chili, and Bar-B-Que Chicken.
• The "Iron Horse" Oven will serve Carved Roasted Pig and New York Strip Loin.
• Salads include Caesar, Potato Salad with Cherry Wood Smoked Bacon, Tropical Fruit Salad, and Spring Caprice Salad.
• The Dessert Station will cap your experience with Assorted Cookies, Brownies, and Assorted Pies.
• Wine will be provided by the San Diego County Vintners Association.
• Hand-Crafted San Diego Beers will be offered in the Beer Garden by Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits.
• The Gourmet Coffee Bar will be provided and staffed by Caffé Calabria.
Shuttle Service will be provided between the parking area and the Display Building by the Motor Transport Museum.
Tickets: (Must be over 21-years of age)
• $25 per person
• $40 per couple
• $30 per person day of event
• $15 per person in groups of thirty or more
Tickets may be purchased at the Museum's secure Reservations site online at http://www.psrm.org/. Your ticket confirmation will be emailed to you within a few minutes. You should print your confirmation and bring it with you to Campo when you attend the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you not receive your emailed acknowledgment.
Optional rides on classic trains are available from the Railroad Museum with departures at 11:00 AM and 2:30 PM. Train fares are not included in your Iron Horse reservations and may be purchased when you place your Iron Horse ticket order.
The Museum is one-hour from San Diego on Highway 94. For more information, including driving directions, visit www.psrm.org.