New features and services at your fingertips!
July 10, 2015 (El Cajon)--The City of El Cajon has launched a new, redesigned website! The website provides new communication and outreach tools, added service features for residents and businesses, and gives the City of El Cajon a more powerful web presence.
The new website was designed to increase access to important City information and services, enhance online transparency, and to be user-friendly for residents, visitors and businesses. Therefore, visitors will find the new website to be eye-catching, modern, and easy to navigate.
Some of the new features include:
- A “City Calendar” of events and meetings
- An “E-Notification system” for immediate updates on City activity
- A “Service Request” system, enabling citizens to submit requests for services or report issues in the community
- An “I Want To…” section, allowing website visitors to access important information quickly and effectively
- Online services (payments and forms), allowing submittals or payments by residents
- An “In the Spotlight” section, highlighting important El Cajon information
- An “Emergency Notice” capability in the event of a major emergency
The website also includes special designs for the Police and Fire Department’s pages. Moreover, because so much web browsing is done on smart phones and tablets in today’s society, the website was designed for complete mobile and tablet functionality.
Each City Department was involved in the building of this website, ensuring that all aspects of the City were considered. In all, it took about a year to finish. However, it will not be viewed as a finished product. The new website will constantly evolve, changing with new technologies and functionalities that emerge in the coming years.
The link to the new City website is www.cityofelcajon.us.