Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this


Story by Peter Diehl

Photo by Scott Bolle

November 3, 2010 (Santee)-- Fire crews from Santee, Lakeside, and El Cajon were dispatched at 12 noon today to the vicinity of Hartley Rd and Stevens Rd in Santee. Upon arrival, active smoke and fire was seen at Advanced Electromagnetics Incorporated (AEMI) at 9311 Stevens Rd.  Fire crews initiated a “fast attack” and the fire was quickly extinguished, but the smoldering contents turned out to be highly toxic materials.


Crews were warned to be additionally cautious. A Heartland Communications dispatcher confirms that no response from a hazardous materials team was necessary and no known evacuations were taking place.


Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.