Haz-Mat

HAZ-MAT FIRE IN SANTEE CONTAINED

 

Story by Peter Diehl

Photo by Scott Bolle

November 3, 2010 (Santee)-- Fire crews from Santee, Lakeside, and El Cajon were dispatched at 12 noon today to the vicinity of Hartley Rd and Stevens Rd in Santee. Upon arrival, active smoke and fire was seen at Advanced Electromagnetics Incorporated (AEMI) at 9311 Stevens Rd.  Fire crews initiated a “fast attack” and the fire was quickly extinguished, but the smoldering contents turned out to be highly toxic materials.


Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.