hotel and residence combined

KNOX HOUSE MUSEUM OFFERS GLIMPSE INTO EL CAJON'S PAST

 

Story and photos by Robert Gehr

August 29, 2014 (El Cajon)--Built in 1876 by Amaziah Lord Knox, this structure was a hotel and residence combined. It was located near what is now Main St. & Magnolia Avenue in downtown El Cajon. The place provided a comfortable place for weary travelers to spend the night when traversing back and forth from the Julian gold mines to San Diego.