Celebrating our cultural & agricultural roots
JUNE 19 4:30-7:30 PM AT HERITAGE OF THE AMERICAS MUSEUM, EL CAJON
- International foods from Dolci Cafe Italiano, J's Greek Cuisine, Tiramisu Trattoria, Rubio's & more
- Wine tasting with Campo Creek Vineyards, Maness Vineyards, and other wineries
- Meet authors of books on local history and culture from Sunbelt Publications
- Native American dancing with Eric RunningPath; Native American flute music by Jim Hannibal
- Live music by Krista Timm and Vicky Archibold from San Diego Performance Academy
- Learn from farmers, wine makers, a beekeeper, a chicken expert, A.R.C.H.E.S. and San Diego Farm Bureau
- Get tips on solar power from Sullivan Solar
- Take a free museum tour
- Play the East County Trivia Quiz game and be on the radio!
- Win great prizes including a resort vacation getaway, golf, restaurant gift certificates, garden basket, hand-made soaps, martial arts lessons, music lessons, pet owners' basket, Wild West Fest tickets, wine lovers' gifts, and more.
Don't miss this fun and festive event! Click "read more" and scroll down for details.
Where: Heritage of the Americas Museum
(Cuyamaca College, 12110 Cuyamaca College Drive W., in the Rancho San Diego community of El Cajon)
When: June 19, 2013 4:30-7:30 p.m.
Why: Proceeds benefit our nonprofit public radio program, online news and free wildfire/emergency alerts. We reflect the people’s interests - not special interests!
Cost: $20 or 2 for $35
Children 4 to 12: $10 (Age 3 and under free with adult)
RSVP: (619)698-7617 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our generous sponsors and vendors: Heritage of the Americas Museum, Sullivan Solar, Tiramisu Trattoria, J’s Greek Cuisine, Dolci Café Italiano, Rubio's, Rudy's Indian Fry Bread, Campo Creek Vineyard, Westfall Winery, Maness Vineyards, San Diego Performance Academy, Eric RunningPath, Cottonwood Golf, Ranch Feed & Pet Supply, Descanso Junction, Hooleys, JVD Golf & Promotions, A.R.C.H.E.S, Primeval Gardens, St. Madeleine Sophie's, McGrath YMCA, Aspire Martial Arts, San Diego Farm Bureau, Bee Happy, Crazy Coops, Sunbelt Publications, Pizza Hut, artists Abigail Migala and Mary Genser, KNSJ 89.1 FM, and more.
Participating authors at the event include Diana Lindsay, author of numerous books on the Anza-Borrego Desert, Leland Fetzer, author of books on the Cuyamacas, Roberta Labastida, author of My Ancestors Village on Kumeyaay Native American history, Richard Carrico, author of Strangers in a Stolen Land: Indians of San Diego County from Prehistory to the New Deal, Jack Innis, author of San Diego Legends, and Linda H. Pequegnat, author of This Day in San Diego History