September 21, 2011 (Santee) -- Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve recently received the 2011 San Diego's Best Campground from the San Diego Union Tribune's Readers Poll.
"Thank you to the residents of San Diego for their continued support," said Jonathan Skinner,director of park and recreation. "The staff and volunteers at Santee Lakes are dedicated to maintaining the high quality standards, which our patrons have come to expect."
Santee Lakes has 300 full hook-up campsites with electrical, sewer and water. Some sites also offer cable, TV, and high-speed internet. With 300 campsites, Santee Lakes is the second largest campground in San Diego County. Campsites range from $38-48 per night depending on site location and day of the week.
Santee Lakes recently added 10 cabins on Lake 7, seven at water's edge including one fully accessible cabin for disabled campers, and three houseboats on the water. All cabins have AC, heat,cable TV, and WiFi. The cabins are within Santee Lake's 300 site campground. Cabin rates are $100-145 per night depending on location and day of the week.
"I believe the variety of amenities offered at Santee Lakes provide a unique experience for all campers," said Allen Carlisle, Padre Dam Manager.
Park and Campground Amenities
- 300 full hook-up campsites (132 sites have cable, phone, and WiFi
- 10 cabins (7 Lakefront, 3 Floating)
- 2 swimming pools and jacuzzi
- 7 beautiful lakes stocked year-round (Rainbow Trout, Largemouth Bass, Catfish, Blue Gill)
- Clubhouse for parties and camping clubs
- 5 playgrounds including the Kiwanis Playground for children with disabilities
- Kayak, canoe, and pedal boat rentals
- Year-round event series including waterfront Summer movies
- General store with food, beverages, fishing tackle and supplies
- Covered picnic areas for family and corporate events
- Prime bird habitat with over 175 species
- Miles of paved trails for inline skating, biking, running, and walking
Santee Lakes is a 191 acre regional park and campground and owned by Padre Dam Municipal Water District for 50 years. Santee Lakes is celebrating its 50th anniversary throughout 2011. The park has been a model for communities worldwide, demonstrating how to use recycled water to develop tax-free, fiscally self-sufficient park and recreation programs. The park hosted over 650,000 visitors in 2010.
Santee Lakes is located at 9310 Fanita Parkway, Santee in San Diego County. Call 619-596-3141 or visit www.santeelakes.com for campground reservation, stocking schedules, event dates, and additional infor mation.