East County News Service
January 12, 2016 (Santee) — Crime Stoppers and Sheriff deputies in Santee seek public help to solve a crime spree involving burglaries of nine homes in Santee neighborhoods from December 14 to December 31, 2015. The suspect(s) targeted single story detached homes and forced their way in through a rear window or rear patio door. The stolen items were mainly prescription medications. Cash, electronics and tools have also been taken.
Several victims reported seeing a suspicious truck parked in front of their homes prior to the burglaries. The truck is described as a black, older model, 1998-2004 Ford Ranger Extra Cab. The truck is slightly lifted with newer looking rims and all terrain tires.
Below is a list of the dates and locations of the burglaries.
• 12/14/15, 8900 block of Sunwood Drive
• 12/18/15, 8400 block of Kreiner Way
• 12/18/15, 8500 block of De Vos Drive
• 12/18/15, 8400 block of Amino Drive
• 12/18/15, 9300 block of Praful Court
• 12/31/15, 10100 block of Beck Drive
• 12/31/15, 10100 block of Montura Avenue
• 12/31/15, 10209 block of Woodrose Avenue
• 12/31/15, 10113 block of Beck Drive
Anyone with information on these burglaries should call the Santee Sheriff's Station at (619) 956-4000 or the Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line at (888) 580-8477. Crime Stoppers is offering up to a $1,000 reward to anyone with information that leads to an arrest in this case. Anonymous email and text messages can be sent in via www.sdcrimestoppers.org.