There were three top-five finishers for SDSU in the opening day of the prestigious meet
Photo courtesy goaztecs.com
April 27, 2017 (Philadelphia) - San Diego State track & field had three top-five finishes in the opening day of the three-day 123rd Penn Relays on Thursday at Philadelphia’s Franklin Field.
The 4x100-meter relay team of senior Starlynn Singleton, junior Simone Glenn, senior Micha Auzenne and junior Ashley Henderson took third with a 44.37 time, the fourth fastest in program history, to qualify for the Championship Invitational on Friday at 1 p.m. (ET).
Singleton also placed third in the college women’s long jump with a 19-03.25 leap. Sophomore Lisa-Anne Barrow was 15th (18-03.25).
In the college women’s 400-meter hurdles, freshman Andrenette Knight tied her collegiate best and the sixth-fastest time in SDSU history at 58.44 to place fourth.
On Friday, the day starts with sophomore Je’Neal Ainsworth’s appearance in the triple jump at 11 a.m. (ET). The College Women’s 4x100 Championship of America Invitational is at 1 p.m. (ET), with the 4x200-meter relay heats to follow at 2 p.m. (ET). The College Women’s Shuttle Hurdles Championship of America Invitational is scheduled for 3:25 p.m. (ET), and the 100-meter dash (Henderson) is slated for 3:40 p.m. (ET). At 4 p.m. (ET), Auzenne and Sierra Brabham-Lawrence compete in the 100-meter hurdles, and junior Melody Harris will throw the javelin at 4:45 p.m. (ET). The day concludes with the 4x400-meter heats at 4 p.m.
April 27-29, 2017
Individual Results (SDSU and winner of each event only)
Women’s 5,000 Meters (out of 23 entrants)
1. Brogan MacDougall (Physi-Kult Kingston) – 16:06.75
22. Christine Kent (SDSU) – 17:50.06
College Women’s 400-Meter Hurdles (out of 53 entrants)
1. Tia-Adana Belle (St. Augustine’s) – 56.26
4. Andrenette Knight (SDSU) – 58.44 (T-PR) (T-No. 6 all-time)
College Women’s 4x100-Meter Heats (out of 25 entrants)
1. Oregon (Johnson, Stevens, Dunmore, Guster) – 43.12
3. San Diego State (Singleton, Glenn, Auzenne, Henderson) – 44.37 (No. 4 all-time)
College Women’s 4x400-Meter Heats (out of 18 entrants)
1. Oregon (Guster, Rogers, Waller, Horsley) – 3:30.16
12. San Diego State (Lea, Knight, McPherson, Glenn) – 3:40.63
College Women’s Long Jump (out of 41 entrants)
1. Iana Amsterdam (Clemson) – 20-00.25
3. Starlynn Singleton (SDSU) – 19-03.25
15. Lisa-Anne Barrow (SDSU) – 18-03.25
Day one results: http://pennrelaysonline.com/Results/team.aspx?s=6745