chimney fire

MINIMAL FIRE DAMAGE FROM A CHIMNEY FIRE IN DEHESA

April 16, 2012 (Dehesa) – San Miguel Fire District’s Engine 23 and its three person crew was the first on the scene of a chimney fire in a home on the 1200 block of Avenida Elisa on April 15 at 10:46 p.m. The fire, which began in the chimney box, quickly moved to the attic.  Containing the blaze was problematic because the flames burning in the attic compromised the strength of the roof, according to Leonard Villarreal with the District.  The blaze was knocked down in approximately 30 minutes.


Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.