January 11, 2012 (San Diego County) -- You can still take the Winter Reading Challenge that runs until January 15 with more prizes being given away every week. For more details, visit your local branch or http://www.sdcl.org/
Keep Your New Years' Resolution:
Self-Help Programs Countywide
Writing Groups meet regularly at these branches: Campo-Morena Village, Del Mar, Descanso, Encinitas, Pine Valley, Rancho San Diego, San Marcos and Valley Center. Contact the branch for meeting dates and times.
- Teens: Basic Money Management: @ 4S Ranch, Wednesday, January 25, 5:30 PM.
- Parenting Classes: Click Here to see what's available in your community.
- Meet Me at the Dinner Table: Healthy Planning with Jessica Barna @Santee, Thursday, January 12, 6:30 PM; @ El Cajon, Wednesday, January 18, 6 PM; @ San Marcos, Tuesday, January 24, 6 PM.
- Lose the Holiday Pounds: The Glycemic Index and You! @ El Cajon, Wednesday, January 11, 6 PM.
- E-Books & Downloads Tutorials : Click Here to see what's available @ your library.
- Prevent Identity Theft: @ Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Thursday, January 19, 6:30 PM.
- Teens: Basic Survival Skills - Food: @ San Marcos, Thursday, January 19, 4 PM.
- NeuroTraining: Give Your Brain a Workout : @ Santee, Thursday, January 26, 6:30 PM.
- You Can Defend Yourself with Martial Arts : Expert Alex Shpigel @ Bonita-Sunnyside, Saturday, January 14, Noon.
Let's Talk About It
- Common Ground Women's Support Group: @ Ramona, Tuesday, January 3 (first Tuesday every month), 6 PM.
- Art as Mindfulness Practice: with Alessandra Colfi @Fallbrook, Thursday, January 12, 6 PM.
- Getting Published: The Fun and Frustration with Author Robert Rogers @Del Mar, Friday, January 13, 2 PM.
- Road Scholar: Travel and Learn Around the World @ El Cajon, Saturday, January 14, 1 PM.
- Middle East Conflict: A Primer @ Encinitas, Saturday, January 14, 2 PM.
- So You Want to Write a Mystery: with Author Lois Wells Santalo @ Crest, Tuesday, January 17, 6:30 PM.
- Year of the Dragon: with R. Rumble @ Del Mar, Thursday, January 19, 6:30 PM.
- Adventures on the Pacific Crest Trail: @ Casa de Oro, Friday, January 20, 10:30 AM.
- Peace Corp at Any Age: @ Encinitas, Saturday, January 21, 11 AM.
- Film Screening: Documentary on Food Choices @ Lemon Grove, Tuesday, January 24, 6 PM.
- Workplace Leadership: The Charisma Edge by Author Cindy Burnham @Descanso, Saturday, January 28, 1 PM.
- Jonestown Survivor Laura Kohl : @ Bonita-Sunnyside, Monday, January 30, 6 PM.
After School Programs for Kids & Teens
- Fit & Fun After School: @ Lemon Grove, Every Wednesday, 4:30 PM (for 4th graders - teens); @ Casa de Oro, Thursday, January 19, 4 PM (for 4-8th graders).
- Cursive Club : - Practice Writing Fancy and Make Cards for Local Elders @Imperial Beach, every Tuesday, 3:30 PM.
- Read a Book, Write a Book: For Elementary Students @ Lakeside, Every Friday, 3:30 PM.
- Science Lab: @ Your Library @ 4S Ranch, Wednesday, January 11, 5:30 PM.
- Teen Music Shop: Musicians, Vocalists & Songwriters Welcome @ Ramona, Every Friday, 3 PM.