toxic smoke

VIGILANT CITIZEN HELPS SAVE NEIGHBORS’ LIVES

December 25, 2012 (Spring Valley)--A woman working on her computer looked out her window to see smoke pouring out a window of her neighbor’s home across the street yesterday afternoon. She sought help of another neighbor and tried to alert the couple inside unit 206 at the Sweetwater Lodge Mobile Home Park, 10707 Jamacha Road, but there was no response. The neighbors opened a front door and were slammed by a huge wall of hot smoke. They called 911 and within minutes after the 12:18 pm call, firefighters from San Miguel Fire District were on scene.


Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.