unattended stove


December 25, 2012 (Spring Valley)--A woman working on her computer looked out her window to see smoke pouring out a window of her neighbor’s home across the street yesterday afternoon. She sought help of another neighbor and tried to alert the couple inside unit 206 at the Sweetwater Lodge Mobile Home Park, 10707 Jamacha Road, but there was no response. The neighbors opened a front door and were slammed by a huge wall of hot smoke. They called 911 and within minutes after the 12:18 pm call, firefighters from San Miguel Fire District were on scene.

Error message

Support community news in the public interest! As nonprofit news, we rely on donations from the public to fund our reporting -- not special interests. Please donate to sustain East County Magazine's local reporting and/or wildfire alerts at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate to help us keep people safe and informed across our region.