heaters

AVOID THESE HOLIDAY HAZARDS

December 1, 2012 (San Diego’s East County)--Heartland Fire & Rescue and Rady Children’s Hospital offer the following advice to keep you and your family safe this holiday season.

Burns: The typical burn injury seen during the holidays is a scald.  When adults enjoy hot liquids during colder weather, a small child may reach up for your cup and spill hot liquid, such as hot chocolate, coffee or soup. Spilling this scalding hot liquid onto their face, neck, hands and arms. Scald burns are the second leading cause of all burns according to the National Fire Protection Association(NFPA). 

FROM THE CHIEF'S CORNER: NATURAL GAS/HEATER SAFETY

By Fire Chief Sam DiGiovanna 

November 18, 2012 (San Diego)--As temperatures cool down, home heating use goes up. It’s important for homeowners and renters to inspect their home-heating appliances and perform any maintenance necessary to avoid any health or safety hazards.

HEATERS SOLD AT WAL-MART AMONG LATEST PRODUCT RECALLS

 

January 1, 2011 (Washington D.C.) - The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission has announced recalls on several products that have caused injury to consumers, including heaters sold at Wal-Mart, portable butane stoves, children's hooded jackets, Fagor refrigerators, and pacing loudspeakers. Below are details.